2.02.2006

tears of sadness....

So, I finished my sweater, as one can see from the previous post. I thought I'd be a good knitter and block the thing. You know, even out the stitches, do what I'm supposed to do.

So, last night, I washed my sweater, by hand in one of the very small sinks on my floor. I pressed it between some towels to get as much of the moisture out as possible. It lie, pinned and spread on a blocking board overnight - with a fan moving the air around it. That's what you're supposed to do right?

I've ruined it. Absolutely destroyed it. It has gone from the Mona Lisa to my little sister's 1st grade finger paintings. I want to weep.

It is now gigantic. I'm talking monolific. The same league as the Sears tower.

Tonight, if I have the courage, blocking 2.0 will be attemted.

I'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home